Tuesday, May 01, 2007

We're Officialy Engaged


After deciding to get married in September it became official on Saturday 2nd of December. We had already gone to the jewellers in the city and Gabbi had chosen her ring that she wanted. It was great as we were able to choose the diamond.... well Gabbi was able to choose the diamond that she wanted and then choose the setting she wanted it in. Our jeweller was fantastic. About a few weeks later Gabbi was asking me if I had contacted him yet to pick it up. I said no and then that afternoon on Friday 1st December I secretly called him up to organise to get it the next day. I told Gabbi I was off to see mum for a few hours and would be back soon. I took Gabbi's car into the city and found a park. As I was reversing into the spot the car died. I managed to push it back into the spot and then give the engine a rest while I got the ring.


After returning to the car it wouldn't start. Nothing!!! I freaked. How was I going to tell Gabbi that the car broke down in the city when I should have been at mums in Malabar...... We had planned to take Josh and a friend of his to the movies so I jumped in a cab and raced home. On the way I called mum and she helped me come up with a story. I have never been any good at lying but would give it a go. I arrived home and decided to quickly run out to the back garage and hide the bag. As I did this I saw Josh's friend arrive so it was perfect timing. I quickly raced back to the front of the units and followed them upstairs.


When I saw Gabbi I explained to her that the car broke down and I was actually in the city trying to surprise her and get the ring early, but the jeweller said it still wasn't ready. She believed me as I had nothing in my hands to prove otherwise. I just hoped the ring would be safe for a few hours. It was well hidden. We took the boys to the movies and then on the way home I met the NRMA at the car and got a new battery put in. That night Josh's friend slept over and they stayed in his room watching a movie while Gabbi was preparing a lovely meal for the two of us. I thought that it was the right time to ask so I grabbed the garbage and raced down to the garage to retrieve the ring. I the raced back upstairs so I didn't seem gone for too long. I had the ring in my pocket so I then took it out of its box and wrapped in a tissue and placed it back in my pocket again.


After dinner I started to tell her how much in love with her I was and how much she means to me then I got down on one knee and showed her the ring while asking her to marry me. She said YES and couldn't believe that I had tricked her and gotten away with it..... It was a perfect night and I will never forget it.....

No comments: