Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Flight from KL to London - Monday 31st July


24 hours of travel..... Don't wish it upon anyone. We departed my brothers house in Pantai Hill Park at 8pm (KL time), arrived at airport by 9pm, checked in, ate with them , said our goodbyes and went through customs. We had asked for an aisle seat and to be seated next to each other as there were no exit rows available for leg room.As soon as we got on the plane we were next to each other but with an aisle between us. The next thing I noticed was that there was no screen on the back of the chair in front of me. I had to spend the next 13 hours like this!!!!! We were able to do some swapping of seats so we were at least next to each other. It wasn't all that bad in the end as I watched the in house movie 16 blocks with bruce willis (ok if not average) then took 2 sleeping tablets after a few heinekens (the only reason to fly KLM - their beer is the best on flights) and passed out for a few hours. We landed in Amsterdam for an hour and a half layover before finally arriving at Heathrow in London at 730am local time (1pm KL time so 14 hours later), then it was onto a train to main terminal, 1 hour bus ride to Victoria Station in the city. We stopped there and bought some food and a phone card so I could call my girl. Then another 45 minutes on a train and a 15 minute cab ride to the school. We arrived 24 hours after we left Jas and Zabs house. We were exhausted and am writing this 4 hours after that. Relaxed now and Holly is due to arrive in an hour with some cool beverages to wind down and some wine for her and mum to enjoy. I have the camera by my side and will capture all the tears and upload for everyone to see.



No comments: